Saturday, August 26, 2006

3 days left here together

We are here in our last few days here in paradise. We have had a great time here together as a family. Hawaii is beautiful and very relaxing.. Too bad we had to much on our minds to totally relax !! We have just 3 days left till the girls and I leave for NY for a yr. Thad has a few days to tie up loose ends here and then he will leave for Iraq for a yr. We have been trying to prepare the girls about thad leaving for a long time . I have dvd's, books and we talk often about how and why Daddy has to leave. I know we cant really be prepared of how the kids will react but we have done what we could. I know being around my family will help both the girls and I. My parents built a room on their house for us to have our own space . I have put kiki in a really good preschool and i will be starting Aubrey in a few classes as well. In korea i put kiki in Kindermusik , Aubrey will be in a class like that. And i will bring her to a weekly reading at the local librairy and i am sure i will find more things to fill our schedual. Thats all that is going on here. I hope to update this often to keep everyone especially Thad updated on things with us. I hope you guys find this easy to use and read. Love Patti

1 comment:

Team Manager said...

Welcome, my fellow blogger :) I already have you added on my list of links.
I hope the best for you and the girls during this deployment. I think they will surprise you. Kids at that age are really resilient. I know Zane has handled it wonderfully. Will you and Thad be set up with computers and webcams? I know that has really helped Zane and myself. Have a safe journey to NY and tell Thad we're thinking about him and wish him well.